High-school seniors throughout Monroe and surrounding counties may now apply for the 2021 Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund presented by Ibero-American-Action League.
Since 2018, more than 180 scholarships have been awarded through the Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund. According to Ibero, scholarships are made possible through donations from area colleges, nonprofit organizations, individuals and businesses.
Scholarship applications are due March 5. If selected, applicants can receive scholarships from $500 up to $2,500 to help finance post-secondary studies.
According to the scholarship application form, an applicant must
• be a resident of Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Wayne or Yates counties;
• be of Hispanic origin, with at least one parent of Hispanic origin;
• be a graduating high-school senior;
• demonstrate academic achievement and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0; and
• must be entering a college or university in the fall of 2021.
An applicant also is required to submit two letters of recommendation as well as complete a short essay.
For more information on the Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund or to apply for 2021 scholarships, visit www.ibero.org/scholarship.