At Thanksgiving time, I like this story and its reflections…Thank you Lord!
A newly arrived soul in Heaven was met by St. Peter. The saint toured the soul around Heaven. Both of them walked side by side inside a large workroom filled with angels. St. Peter stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all the petitions to God said in prayer are received". The soul looked at the section, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets from all the people of the world.
They walked again until they reached the 2nd section, and St. Peter told the soul, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are packed and delivered to the persons who asked for them down on earth." The soul saw how busy it was. There were so many angels working in that room, since so many blessing were being packed and delivered to Earth.
Finally at the farthest corner of the room, the soul stopped at the last section. To the surprise of the soul, only one angel stayed there idly, doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledging Section," St. Peter told the soul. "How is it that, there is no work here?" "That’s the sad thing," St. Peter answered. "After the people received the blessings they asked for, very few send their acknowledgments". "How does one acknowledge God’s blessing?" "Simple," St. Peter answered. "Just say, ‘Thank you, Lord’."
Thank you Lord, for giving me the chance to share this message.
* If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep .. you are richer than 75% of this world.
* If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace .. you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
* If you woke up this morning with more health than illness . . you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
* If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
* If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ..you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
* If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
* If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.
* If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
* Have a good day, count your blessings, and pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we all are.
Thank You Lord!
Father Mugavero is pastor of Holy Apostles Church in Rochester.