The third-annual Hispanic Ministry Leadership Conference organized by the Diocese of Rochester’s Office of Cultural Diversity took place Oct. 8 at St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry in Pittsford.
Mass celebrates heritage, kicks off leadership conference
The daylong event also included recognition of several parishioners who are currently serving as leaders in their faith communities:
* Aida Burgos from St. Michael Church, part of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish, who serves as a hospitality minister and participated in the Christ Life program.
* Victor Burgos from Our Lady of Peace Parish in Geneva for his service in several roles, including lector and extraordinary minister of holy Communion.
* Cesar Cruz from Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission in Marion, who volunteers with the children’s liturgy during Sunday Mass with the church’s youth group.
* Gloria Jasso from Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church in Brockport, who serves as lector and sacristan, and helps organize coffee hours and welcoming for local migrant workers.
* Rufina and Blanco Pabón, longtime parishioners of Rochester’s Holy Apostles Church, who serve as lectors and extraordinary ministers of holy Communion and help organize retreats, dinners and Lenten events.
* Ramón and Carmen Perdomo from SFXC’s Our Lady of the Americas Church, who serve as lectors and sacristans and are members of the choir.