High-school seniors throughout Monroe and surrounding counties may now apply for scholarships through the 2022 Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund presented by Ibero-American-Action League.
More than 170 scholarships have been awarded through the Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund since 2019. According to Ibero, scholarships are made possible through donations from area colleges, nonprofit organizations, individuals and businesses.
Scholarship applications are due March 7, 2022. If selected, applicants can receive scholarships from $500 up to $2,500 to help finance post-secondary studies.
According to the scholarship application form, an applicant must
• be a resident of Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Wayne or Yates counties;
• be of Hispanic origin, with at least one parent of Hispanic origin;
• be a graduating high-school senior;
• demonstrate academic achievement and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0; and
• enter a college or university in the fall of 2022.
An applicant also is required to submit two letters of recommendation as well as complete a short essay.
For more information on the Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund or to download a 2022 application, visit www.ibero.org/scholarship.