High-school seniors throughout Monroe and surrounding counties are invited to apply for scholarships through the 2023 Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund presented by Rochester’s Ibero-American Action League.
Scholarship applications are due March 6, 2023. If selected, applicants can receive scholarships from $500 up to $2,500 to help finance post-secondary studies.
According to the scholarship application form, an applicant must
• be a resident of Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Wayne or Yates counties;
• be of Hispanic origin, with at least one parent of Hispanic origin, with family roots from Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay or Venezuela;
• be a graduating high-school senior;
• demonstrate academic achievement and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 (B); and
• must be committed to entering a college or university in the fall of 2023.
An applicant also is required to submit a copy of his or her birth or adoption certificate, an official high school transcript, two letters of recommendation, as well as complete a short essay.
For more information on the Hispanic Scholarship Endowment Fund or to download a 2023 application, visit www.ibero.org/scholarship.